The World of Wonders Science Museum offers hands-on science education for children from ages 5 to 12 with WOW University. It’s a great option for homeschool students or public school students wanting more hands-on science after school! In each class, students participate in an engaging, hands-on science lesson led by a credentialed educator in the WOW science classroom.
Prices & Schedule:
WOW University classes are $8 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Click here to learn more about WOW membership. Admission to the museum’s exhibit floor is not included with the WOW University fee.
WOW University classes take place on Thursdays from 3pm-4pm in the WOW science classroom. Undergraduate (ages 5-7) classes are offered on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays, and Graduate (ages 8-12) classes are offered on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays. The class schedule may change, so check back regularly.
WOW University Class Schedule:
9th– Graduates: I.D.E.A., a lesson on engineering & design
16th– Undergraduates: IMAGINIMALS, a lesson on classification
23rd– Graduates: OWL PUKE, a lesson on comparative anatomy
2nd– Undergraduates: MAGIC DIVER, a lesson on the states of matter
9th– Graduates: TRANSFORMERS, a lesson on energy conversion
16th– Undergraduates: SLIMY SCIENCE, a lesson on polymer chemistry
23rd– Graduates: MICROWORLD, a lesson on microscopy
30th– NO CLASS, a lesson on delayed gratification 🙂
6th– Undergraduates: SINGING SPOONS, a lesson on sound vibrations
13th– Graduates: WADDLE-BOTS, a lesson electrical circuits
20th– Undergraduates: FEELY SOCKS, a lesson on the 5 senses
27th– Graduates: CALGY WORMS, a lesson on physical and chemical reactions
4th– Undergraduates: BEE-BOTS, a lesson on basic programming
11th– Graduates: MYSTERY BOXES, a lesson on scientific inquiry
18th– Undergraduates: POTATO HEAD FAMILY, a lesson on inherited traits
25th– Graduates: SEISMIC ENGINEERING, a lesson on earthquake science
WOW University Guidelines
By your child’s participation in WOW University, you agree to the following policies:
- Admission to the museum’s exhibit floor is not included with the WOW University fee.
- If you don’t plan to stay at the museum during your child’s class, the museum must have a current Waiver and Release of Liability form on file for your child.
- Students must be picked up at the WOW science classroom by 4pm. A childcare fee of $1/minute will be charged after 4pm.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis but priority will be given to students who have been pre-registered.
- Vendor payments are handled as reimbursements through your charter. The WOW does not process vouchers for WOW University.
- Educators reserve the right to cancel a class with insufficient attendance.
Pre-registration for WOW University is not required, but can be done here:
The World of Wonders Science Museum is a registered vendor with the following charters:
~Visions In Education
For additional information, email education[at]wowsciencemuseum[dot]org or call the museum at 209.368.0969.